Year 2 - Projects

Year 2 - Projects

Year 3 - Projects

Year 3 - Projects

Year 4 - Final Project

Year 4 - Final Project

Year 4 - Final Project

3D sketching - 2d to 3D

-Brief

     In this project the aim is to convert one of our 2d sketches into a 3d sketch. This would be done using the software Autodesk Maya.

-My Thoughts

     I think the style of sketch converted could drastically change the difficulty of the task. A sketch with precise lines would be easier to convert than a more tonal piece. For this reason I chose one of my pen drawings. I went for one of the "blind" drawing shown bellow.

-"Blind Creation"

     Happy accidents are often accociated with fluid mediums like paint and ink. 3D software is the complete opposite, where everything has a quantity and quality that is controlled by the artist. Object are worked again and again to perfection and any mistakes are quickly edited.
     I will try my best throughout this project to cherish accident and mistakes. Hopefully this will compliment the chosen sketch and create a 3d sketch of similar quality.